Where to begin:
What is important to you about the agent you choose to sell your property? In-depth market and community knowledge? Has sold many homes like yours' in the past? Years of experience? Competent and trustworthy?
Schedule a meeting with agent(s) to perform a walk through of your home and discuss current market conditions, if it is the right time for you to sell, how much homes in your neighborhood have been selling for, what your home is worth and what homes are on the market that your home would be competing with. If you decide to move forward, determine listing price, set expectations and sign Listing Agreement.
Preparation before becoming an active listing:
- Time for property owner to make recommended improvements to help showcase their property to prospective buyers
Schedule appointment for professional measurers to measure property.
- Schedule appointment for professional photographer to take photos
- Create property feature sheet and marketing strategy
- Go active
- Marketing campaign started
- Open house if desired by client
- Property showings
- All offers received will be presented
- Offer(s) negotiated
- Offer accepted
- Conditions managed and complete
- Conditions removed by both seller and buyer (ie. financing secured, property inspection if agreed to in contract).
- Name of lawyer to handle the legal sale requirements
- Property sale closes and keys are handed over to buyers
- Celebrate and move forward on next life adventure
- Refer Don to family and friends