Where to begin:
- Talk to your financial institution or mortgage broker to determine how much you can realistically afford, how much you can put down, what your payments will be, etc. Don can recommend brokers if want to explore options.
- Seriously consider what you want in your next home and what is important to you in the location and community you choose.
- What is important about the agent you choose to represent you? Local area knowledge, year’s of experience, competent and trustworthy, able to explain total cost of buying and the process if you are new to it as well as provide guidance so you can be confident in all of your decisions throughout the process.
- Spend some time researching homes, communities and agents on the internet.
- Set an appointment with your agent of choice to begin discussions on exactly what you are looking for and have an in-depth discussion on location, timing and aligned expectations. Sign exclusive buyer representation agreement if you are comfortable.
- Your agent will begin sending you email notifications of new properties coming on the market that match your criteria.
- Begin by viewing the properties you are interested in.
Advancing to Contract:
- Your agent will provide guidance on what to offer and terms based on comparable recent sales and present to the offer to the seller’s agent
- Negotiations begin.
- Offer accepted and agent will provide guidance on paperwork.
- Offer conditions managed and complete
- Property sale closes and keys are handed over to you.
- Celebrate and get ready to move into your new home.
- Home walk through with agent on closing day to ensure property is in condition expected.
- Don prides himself with continuing on as your real estate consultant. Contact him any time.
- Refer Don to family and friends.